Below is the quick guide to the Diddys which you should have all received by email.
One matter not mentioned below is parking. You are allowed to park for free at Pool in the Park if you are not staying for more than 3 hours, so you should be all right for this event.
Provisional entry lists – please check your child’s name and for which events they have been entered. If you have any queries please discuss with your child’s coach and then the queries can be sorted out.
DIDDYS QUICK GUIDE:
- Arrive 5.50- 6.10 pm. Please be prompt.
- After registering, swimmers to go through and change. There will be a table set up (normally to the left of the bottom of the stairs), this is where your child can register.
- Change into costume and put on their t-shirt to keep warm. Crocs/flip flops are also a good idea. Put clothes etc. into a locker, swimmer to keep towel, hat and goggles.
- Swimmers to assemble with their Whips. Whips are older swimmers who will look after and encourage the swimmers. Parents then can make their way to the gallery.
- Approx 6.25 pm, Swimmers to be escorted onto poolside. They will stay with their whips for this. Warm-up starts (just one or two lengths of the pool).
- 6.45 pm – Start of competition.
- Whips and coaches are poolside to help the competition to go smoothly and encourage the swimmers.
- ALL swimmers to stay poolside until the end of the presentation ribbons to all swimmers. The swimmers then ‘parade’ around the pool with their ribbons.
- END OF EVENING (approx. 8.30pm)
DOS & DON’TS:
- Do bring: A Woking Swimming club hat (All swimmers must wear a hat). Please don’t worry if you don’t have one. Any swimming hat will do.
- WSC T shirt (to keep warm between races and for the presentations)
- Again, any t-shirt will do. WSC ones are red, so a red one if they have one is a suggestion
- Costumes – tight fitting (No bikinis or Bermuda/board shorts please!)
- Goggles (+ spare pair-check they work and fit well) Plenty to drink – water/weak squash in plastic bottles (no energy drinks please) Please name their bottle; we can then match bottles to owners
- 2 towels one to sit on and one for drying
- Big voices and Big Smiles and Enjoy yourselves!
- Don’t bring: ANY FOOD of any description – it should hopefully be a short evening and the swimmers should have eaten at least 1-1 ½ – hrs before