All Associates will be swimming in this event. Full details of what you need to know are below.
All ages shown are as at 31/12/17, so all swimmers born in a calendar year will compete against other swimmers born in that year.
If anyone knows now that they will be unavailable to swim on the evening please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. If a swimmer becomes ill on the day of the competition then please TEXT the swimmer’s name and reason for withdrawal to 07934 495119.
Entry lists below.
Winter Ribbon Diddy Championships
SATURDAY 18TH NOVEMBER 2017
Registration : 5.50 PM – 6.10 PM For all age groups
Entry £3 TO GALLERY p.p. Raffle tickets £1/strip Please be generous and support our Raffle – Thank you.
DIDDY’S QUICK GUIDE:
- Arrive at Woking Pool in the Park 5.50- 6.10 pm Please be prompt.
- After registering, swimmers to go through and change. There will be table set up (normally to the left of the bottom of the stairs), this is where your child will register.
- Change into costume and put on their t-shirt to keep warm. Crocs/flip flops are also a good idea. clothes etc into a
locker, swimmer to keep towel, hat and goggles.
- Swimmers to assemble with their Whips. Whips are older swimmers who will look after and encourage the swimmers. Parents then can make their way to the gallery.
- Approx 6.25 pm, Swimmers to be escorted onto poolside. They will stay with their whips for this. Warm-up starts (just one or two lengths of the pool)
- 6.45 pm – Start of competition.
- Whips and coaches are poolside to help the competition to go smoothly and encourage the swimmers
- ALL swimmers to stay poolside until the end of the presentation. ribbons to all swimmers. The swimmers then ‘parade’ around the pool with their ribbons
- END OF EVENING (approx. 8.30pm)DOS & DON’TS:
- Do bring: A Woking Swimming club hat (All swimmers must wear a hat) Please don’t worry if you don’t have one. Any swimming hat will do
- WSC T shirt (to keep warm between races and for the presentations) Again, any t-shirt will do. WSC ones are red, so a red one if they have one is a suggestion
- Costumes -tight fitting (No bikinis or Bermuda/board shorts please!)
- Goggles (+ spare pair – check they work and fit well) Plenty of drinking water/weak squash in plastic bottles (no energy drinks please) Please name their bottle. we can then match bottles to owners.
- 2 towels – one to sit on and one for drying
- Big voices and Big Smiles
and Enjoy yourselves!
- Don’t bring: ANY FOOD of any description – it should hopefully be a short evening and the swimmers should have eaten at least 1-1 ½ – hrs before
Share this page: