Eligibility reports below for those with automatic QTs and base QTs.
Due to the volume of entrants, this year we are againasking all swimmers to submit their own entries.
How to enter the 2017 South East Winter Regional Swimming Championships
The South East Region needs all swimmers to enter individually, using an entry form on their website. If you have already registered on their website then skip those instructions.
What you need to do:
Important: You need to register to use the entry form on the South East Region website http://www.southeastswimming.org/swimming/swimming-competitions/ . They will email you a password, but this can take time to arrive – so please don’t wait until the last minute before trying to enter.
- Go to the South East Region website as soon as possible https://www.swimmeets.org/calendar/showevent.php?id=797 and complete the online entry form yourself. Explanation below.
- You will then receive an email confirmation of your entries. Please copy this to email@example.com so that we have confirmation of your entries and don’t need to chase any more. We shall then use this to submit the club summary form before the event deadline.
- If you have any questions about this process, please get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
How to enter
First, make sure you are eligible to enter the Championships:
- Check your individual best times from the schedules above, and also ensure all times are shown on the British Swimming website as achieved since 1/1/17 and at a Level 1/2/3 meet; then check these against the qualifying times on the event page on the South East Region website. The eligibility reports are correct to the best of my knowledge but there may be errors/omissions.
On the event page on the South East Region website, https://www.swimmeets.org/calendar/showevent.php?id=797 , go to the entry form and follow the instructions. Note that there are some changes this year to the system.
- If you have previously entered the Regionals online
o Click ‘log in’ and type in your e-mail address and password.
o Once you’ve logged in, click the link on the next page called ‘Regionals Event’, then on the right will be the ‘Competition Entry’ box with the entry form.
- If this is the first time you are entering the Regionals online:
o Click on Register and follow the on-screen instructions.
o This will generate a password, which will be e-mailed to you. Keep an eye out for this e-mail in case it gets diverted to your junk mail box.
Once you have logged in to the online entry system, complete your entry:
- Type in your swimmer’s name as it appears on the ASA database, and other details as requested.
- Carefully select and enter the events for which you are qualified and you wish to swim. Make sure you enter the times correctly as there are separate parts of the form for LC and SC times.
- Tick the promoter’s conditions and click on ‘Submit Entry’.
- You will receive a confirmation email. Please forward this to email@example.com . Do not make payment at this stage – once accepted entries have been confirmed the Region will send us an invoice and we shall contact you for payment.
- Using your confirmation emails we shall submit the club summary entry together with relay entries.
The deadline for submitting entries to the South East Region is Monday 16 October (at 8pm). After this deadline, the South East Region will post a list of accepted entries on their website. When these details appear, check your entry very carefully for any errors.
If you need to change an entry, and/or if you achieve new qualifying times at an open meet the weekend before the deadline you must follow the instructions below.
You can correct or update existing entry times at any point before the deadline. You can also add new swims. Please do this before mid-day on the deadline day so that I can amend the club entry summary.
- On the event page on the South East Region website, go to the ‘How to Enter’ box and log in.
- Once you’ve logged in, you will see your swimmer’s name half way down the right-hand side under the ‘Entries’ heading. Click on this to bring up your entry and then scroll down to the ‘Edit your entry’ tab.
- Once you have updated and checked your entry, click ‘Submit’.
You then need to copy the revised confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.orgShare this page: